Holy Trinity Amberley – Application to Gloucester Diocese to create a community shop in the Church and associated works
You have most likely arrived at this webpage in response to a notice or other invitation to respond to this consultation. In normal times copies of the Application would be on display in the Church, but these are not normal times. Instead the documents, drawings etc will be available on this website for 56 days (from Monday 25th May 2020 to Sunday 19th July 2020) and you will have until 21st July 2020 to make any objections.
If you wish to object to any of the works or proposals you should send a letter stating the grounds of your objection to The Diocesan Registrar either by email at the address above or by post to:
Veale Wasbrough Vizards LLP
Narrow Quay House, Narrow Quay, Bristol
DX 7831 Bristol
so that your letter reaches the registrar not later than 21/07/2020. A letter of objection must include your name and address and state whether you live in the parish and/or your name is entered on the church electoral roll of the parish or any other basis on which you have an interest in the matter.
John Gilbert, Churchwarden 07804 570387
Neil Truphet, Amberley Shop on the Common 07753 902769
The files which comprise the application have been grouped into eight sections to help guide you through them. Click on the filename to view the required file.
A letter addressed to the Diocesan Advisory Committee included with this application (see Section F below) explains the history and development of the associated Statement of Needs (Section A), and the architect, David Newton has in his attached Designer's Statement (Section D) explained how he has addressed our needs. He has also provided 9 drawings (Section B) which capture the existing and 16 drawings (Section C) show his proposals. His photographs of the Church contained in 2 files (Section D) are also included. The proposals are:
1. To provide a new surface to the main steps up to the Church in natural stone and new handrails to
modern safety standards to these and to the steps at the West End down to the Parish Room level (dwgs. GA9, GA10 and GA11).
2. To construct an access ramp to the Parish Room level from the Church forecourt (dwgs. GA01, GA12 and GA13).
3. To create a new entrance lobby inside the North Door leading to the Church, the Shop and a new flight of stairs to the balcony (dwgs. GA02 and GA07).
4. To create an enlarged space beneath the existing balcony to accommodate a Community Shop with
Post Office Local and café, creating a new screen and fit out the Shop etc (dwgs. GA02, GA03, GA06
5. To remove 7 pews from existing balcony and 2 from the body of the Church. Remove raked flooring to re-create a level balcony. Raise the bookshelf/front rail of the balcony to modern safety requirements and glaze the screen at balcony level (dwg. GA04).
6. To provide storage for the Shop at Parish Room (lower ground) level (dwg.GA05).
7. To provide parking bays and external signage for the Shop and a new Church noticeboard (dwgs.
GA01, GA08 and CO01).
8. To convert existing choir vestry to include accessible toilet (dwg. GA02).
9.To remodel existing gents' toilets at Parish Room level to incorporate accessible toilet (dwg. GA05).
The files can all be found here