This week we listen to our Gospel reading about James and his brother John, both called by Jesus to be disciples. James is remembered by pilgrims who journey to Santiago del Compostela where scallop shells are sold as symbols of pilgrimage
No order of service is attached this week as this Sunday we return to using service books and hymn books.
This Sunday the Church of England guidelines for worship have changed. It is up to individual churches to work out what is right for them in their own context. Here is what we will do this Sunday. This will be reviewed and may change as we go forward.
- Please sanitise your hands as you enter and leave church.
- We will continue to use the parish room seats but you may sit with someone else but please get their agreement or equally you may wish to sit apart from other people. Please make you own choice.
- Mask wearing is an individual decision.
- The choir will lead the singing of four hymns.
- Only bread will be distributed at Church of England communion services whilst at Methodist services wine will be distributed in glass thimbles.
- Coffee will not be served after the service and people are encouraged to gather in the forecourt after the service, weather permitting.
- We will not broadcast the 1000am Sunday service using Zoom.
A Prayer about being a disciple.
I love you Lord, help me to show others how to love too. Amen.
‘Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’
I hope and pray that you all have a good week, that you are keeping well and taking care. If you want to talk to me, please free to call me on 873176. Let us pray that we can continue to meet in church with fewer limitations
With love, peace and prayers to you all.
Sir Walter Raleigh's poem "The Passionate Pilgrim" sums up the spirit of a pilgrim.
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My scrip of joy, immortal diet,
My bottle of salvation,
My gown of glory, hope's true gage,
And thus I'll take up my pilgrimage.
This continues every Monday. It starts at 7.00pm. It uses a telephone service and you can join by using these details: 0333 0110 946 , Room number: 55688634 # PIN: 1968 #